Learn & Earn - Operations Associate Intern
Anticipated Start and End Dates: Sept 2022 – Jan 2023 and possible extension till end of academic year
Job Address: 1100 Crown Colony Drive, Quincy MA
Is Location MBTA Accessible? Yes
Hours Per Week: Part time or Full time – 20 hours and can be more if interested.
Preferred Days of Week: Flexible
Work Hours: Flexible
Pay Rate and Travel Stipend: $18.00 per hour and a one-time Travel/Wi-Fi Stipend
Internship Class: INT-299 Internship Class will be taken during Fall 2022 semester
**If chosen for an internship, you will take the three credit INT-299 Learn and Earn fall internship course (you pay for the course the same as all other courses). **
Organization Overview: Arbella Insurance Group
Arbella Insurance Group is one of the leading insurers in the Northeast. In order to achieve this, we work hard to attract and retain the best people to serve our customers. We developed our Total Rewards package for this reason, as well as to set us apart from other organizations. It not only includes competitive salaries, generous benefits, and incentive programs, but also work/life programs, personal and professional learning and development opportunities, flexible work arrangements, and a free shuttle service to the Quincy Adams T station.
At Arbella, we know that the happiest and most productive employees are those who work in a great environment with people who share a common goal/vision, while maintaining a healthy life outside of work. We believe in investing in our employees and encourage our people to grow and expand their knowledge and skills so that we, too, may continue to grow as a company.
It’s no wonder that we've been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as a Best Place to Work Company in MA since 2009.
Job Description: Operations Associate
This internship in Operations includes classroom training, on the job training, a mentor and more!
Below are the general responsibilities and qualifications for the Operations Associate Internship. The interns may be working in Commercial Lines, Personal Lines, Billing & Commissions or Service Center within the Operations Department. The tasks will vary in each department but the interns will be working on a variety of mailing, distribution of work, data entry and job shadowing to learn about all areas of Operations.
Full time positions might be available after the internship depending on business need and performance.
· Process various policy and billing transactions timely and accurately
· Demonstrate excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
· Manage assigned work efficiently to ensure timely completion
· Strong attention to detail along with time management skills needed.
· Quick learner with sound technical aptitude.
· Works well independently as well as within a team.
· Basic computer skills.
BHCC Vaccination Requirement:
In order to create a safe and inclusive environment for our students working in the field, BHCC is requiring:
· All students who are doing in-person internships to BE VACCINATED AGAINST COVID19
Please read more about the COVID19 vaccine requirement below:
· If you are already vaccinated against COVID19 (with Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J vaccines) please submit your documentation (a picture of your vaccine card) here: https://bhcccentral.etrieve.cloud/#/form/118.
· There is time for unvaccinated students to get vaccinated before the start of the internship.
· Students seeking a medical or religious exemption may request an exemption at COVIDvaxexemption@bhcc.edu. Exemptions and accommodations are not guaranteed. Personal and philosophical reasons for not getting vaccinated are insufficient, and requests of this nature will be denied.