Learn & Earn- Office Administrator Internship
Learn and Earn Internship Program
Chelsea Chamber of Commerce
Office Administrator Internship
Anticipated Start and End Dates: Spring Semester 2023
Remote or In Person: In Person @ 308 Broadway, Chelsea, Ma 02150
Hours Per Week: 20 hours per week (240 total hours)
Work Schedule: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. or 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. (schedule is flexible)
Pay Rate: $18.00 / hour and one-time $240 travel stipend
Internship Class: If chosen for the internship, you will take the three credit INT-299 Learn and Earn internship course during spring semester (you pay for the course but if an internship course is not part of your program, we can try to see if a required course can be replaced but this is not always possible).
The Chelsea Chamber of Commerce is committed to promote its members and connect them to the professional, financial, governmental, and educational resources they need to grow and strengthen their businesses and organizations. We believe our business and on-profit members contribute to a strong community via added jobs, focused educational paths, grant-writing, public spaces, and more.
The intern will experience what it is like to work within an organization committed to the community and the success and longevity of its members.
· Documentation Auditing
· Proposal Drafting/Preparation
· Member management and recruitment
· Web research
· Digital Marketing – drafting, copy, or developing posting for social media accounts and Chamber newsletter
· Taking photos at Chamber events
· Data Entry
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to multi- task and work independently
· Strong organizational skills
· Bilingual (but not necessary)
· Fundraising / event planning
· Some financial/accounting experience
BHCC Vaccination Requirement:
In order to create a safe and inclusive environment for our students working in the field, BHCC is requiring:
· All students who are doing in-person internships to BE VACCINATED AGAINST COVID19
- If you are already vaccinated against COVID19 (with Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J vaccines) please submit your documentation (a picture of your vaccine card) here: https://bhcccentral.etrieve.cloud/#/form/118.
· Students seeking a medical or religious exemption may request an exemption at COVIDvaxexemption@bhcc.edu. Exemptions and accommodations are not guaranteed.
Katie Colello - Learn and Earn Coordinator ● Office: B-101E ● 617-936-1943 ● email@example.com