Learn and Earn- Recruitment Coordinator Intern
Learn and Earn Internship Program
City of Somerville
Recruitment Coordinator Intern
Anticipated Start and End Dates: September 2022 – December 2022
Remote or In Person: 93 Highland Ave, Somerville, MA 02143
Hours Per Week: 20 hours per week
Work Schedule: Within City Hall business hours: Mon – Weds 8:30AM – 4:30PM; Thu 8:30AM – 12:30PM; Fri 8:30AM – 12:30PM
Pay Rate and Travel Stipend: $18/hour and one-time $240 travel stipend
Internship Class: If chosen for the internship, you will take the three credit INT-299 Learn and Earn internship course during fall semester (you pay for the course but if an internship course is not part of your program, we can try to see if a required course can be replaced but this is not always possible).
The City of Somerville upholds progressive principles for both our employees and residents. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are deeply embedded in our mission and throughout our hiring practices. We encourage applications from a diverse range of professionals and skillsets to reflect the culturally rich community we serve every day.
Termed a “Model City” by The Boston Globe, we are also a model employer. We embrace and encourage an innovative, empowering, and collaborative workplace culture in a fast-paced, challenging environment. Join us to create an inclusive and equitable City for all.
Do you have superior attention to detail skills? Are you a people-person who thrives in a collaborative work environment? Are you eager to embrace and work on exciting new projects? Are you interested in gaining insight into how public sector talent acquisition works?
As a part of the City of Somerville Recruitment Coordinator Co-op, you will be a key contributor on our Recruiting Team focused on sourcing and recruiting high quality employees. Your support in keeping our processes organized, flawless and dynamic will help us to continue to drive a best-in-class candidate experience.
A typical day for you may be a combination of:
· Learn about the full life-cycle recruitment process (advertising, sourcing, screening, interviewing, hiring, & onboarding) for the City of Somerville
· Coordinate interviews and assist with scheduling communications, troubleshooting potential calendar conflicts, and coordinating logistics among various stakeholders
· Conduct phone screens and reference checks
· Post job advertisements online through various sourcing channels
· Support the recruiting process through developing relationships with candidates, driving next steps, initiating background checks and new hire pre-screening processes, drafting offer letters/packages, and ultimately, creating a flawless candidate experience
· Working on ad-hoc projects (talent sourcing, recruiting, HR metrics, marketing/employer branding, and talent research)
· Manage candidate pipeline in JazzHR (the City’s Applicant Tracking System)
· Other duties may be assigned
· Training will be provided. No direct work experience necessary
· COVID-19 Vaccination required
· Ability to commute to City of Somerville City Hall during business hours
· Experience working in customer service is helpful
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
BHCC Vaccination Requirement:
In order to create a safe and inclusive environment for our students working in the field, BHCC is requiring:
· All students who are doing in-person internships to BE VACCINATED AGAINST COVID19
- If you are already vaccinated against COVID19 (with Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J vaccines) please submit your documentation (a picture of your vaccine card) here: https://bhcccentral.etrieve.cloud/#/form/118.
· Students seeking a medical or religious exemption may request an exemption at COVIDvaxexemption@bhcc.edu. Exemptions and accommodations are not guaranteed.
Follow these steps on Handshake (BHCC’s career platform):
- Log into your Handshake account using BHCC email and password: https://app.joinhandshake.com/login
- On the left sidebar follow the “Jobs” link
- Scroll down until you see “Label” - select the drop-down menu
- Click on “Add Label”
- Type in “learn and earn internship”
● This will filter through all of the positions available and show you any Learn and Earn internships that are open to apply for.
● You can select each internship position to read the job description and you can apply by uploading your resume.
● Once your resume is uploaded a Learn and Earn Internship Coordinator will contact you about your application.
Katie Colello - Learn and Earn Coordinator ● Office: B-101E ● 617-936-1943 ● email@example.com