Learn & Earn- Maintenance Administrative Internship
Learn and Earn Internship Program
Chelsea Housing Authority
Maintenance Administrative Internship
Anticipated Start and End Dates: Spring 2023
Job Address: 54 Locke Street Chelsea, MA 02150 (ln-person internship)
Hours Per Week: 15-18 hours per week (240 total hours)
Pay Rate and Travel Stipend: $18/hour and one-time $240 travel stipend
Internship Class: If chosen for the internship, you will take the three credit INT-299 Learn and Earn internship course during spring semester (you pay for the course but if an internship course is not part of your program, we can try to see if a required course can be replaced but this is not always possible).
The mission of the Chelsea Housing Authority is to provide safe, decent and affordable housing and to establish programs that educate, enhance and empower the lives of all residents in the community we serve.
- Assist the maintenance department with electronic files and data entry
- Responding to all inquiries
- Assist maintenance department with various administrative duties
- Follow-up with residents on completed work orders with calls/surveys
- Update resident files and upload and maintain all documents on CHA systems/server
- Communicate with residents, property managers and advocates
- Other related administrative/clerical duties
Candidates must have strong oral and written communications skill, have strong technical skills, be detail oriented, and have the ability to function in a multicultural/ multi- lingual environment.
BHCC Vaccination Requirement:
In order to create a safe and inclusive environment for our students working in the field, BHCC is requiring:
· All students who are doing in-person internships to BE VACCINATED AGAINST COVID19
Please read more about the COVID19 vaccine requirement below:
· If you are already vaccinated against COVID19 (with Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J vaccines) please submit your documentation (a picture of your vaccine card) here: https://bhcccentral.etrieve.cloud/#/form/118.
· There is time for unvaccinated students to get vaccinated before the start of the internship.
· Students seeking a medical or religious exemption may request an exemption at COVIDvaxexemption@bhcc.edu. Exemptions and accommodations are not guaranteed. Personal and philosophical reasons for not getting vaccinated are insufficient, and requests of this nature will be denied.
Follow these steps on Handshake (BHCC’s career platform):
- Log into your Handshake account using BHCC email and password: https://app.joinhandshake.com/login
- On the left sidebar follow the “Jobs” link
- Scroll down until you see “Label” - select the drop down menu
- Click on “Add Label”
- Type in “learn and earn internship”
· This will filter through all of the positions available and show you any Learn and Earn internships that are open to apply for.
· You can select each internship position to read the job description and you can apply by uploading your resume.
· Once your resume is uploaded a Learn and Earn Internship Coordinator will contact you about your application.
Katie Colello - Learn and Earn Coordinator ● Office: B-101E ● 617-936-1943 ● firstname.lastname@example.org