BHCC Federal Work Study-Assessment Center Office Assistant
Assist the Assessment Center staff with daily operations including check-in and check-out, explaining procedures to students, and preparing and cleaning testing workstations.
· Greet test takers, assist with sign in and check-out
· Explain test and test center rules to students
· Assign lockers and locks to test takers
· Set up testing workstations prior to testing
· Clean testing workstations after each session
· Assist test proctors with computer administration of placement testing
· Assist with monitoring lab during exams
· Assist with general office maintenance—filing, shredding, etc.
· Assist with basic inquiries in person and by phone
Job Qualifications (training, experience, technology, skills, etc):
- Good communication and customer-service skills; comfortable with technology and able to learn new processes. Any sort of clerical or admin experience a plus. Second-language skills are a plus.
- Student needs to have successfully completed 12 credit hours with a GPA of at least 2.0.