BHCC Federal Work Study-Advising & Lifemap Student Employee
Advising and LifeMap Student Employees assist with the day-to-day operation of the Advising and LifeMap Commons. They help students connect to Advisors, workshops and other resources as needed.
Job Responsibilities :
· Kindly greet visitors of the LifeMap Commons and determine the reason for the visit.
· Answer basic questions regarding the commons, such as hours of operation, OnceHub appointments and other LifeMap services.
· Perform a variety of clerical duties including but not limited to: making copies, typing notes, organizing front desk sign-in sheets, putting together mailings, and restocking informational stands.
· Answer phone calls that come in to the Advising and LifeMap main number.
· Assist students with various online tools within the BHCC website, including but not limited to: career assessments, BHCC self-service, transcript requests, graduation applications and email.
· Assist students with integrated LifeMap assignments.
· Assist students with registration processes including but not limited to searching for sections, planning courses, registering for courses, and reviewing account information.
· Cooperate and communicate effectively with all LifeMap staff.
· Provide referrals for students to the appropriate college support services and departments.
· Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications (training, experience, technology, skills, etc):
· Customer service or retail experience is preferred.
· Must be a current BHCC student in good academic standing,
· Must be enrolled in at least 6 credits for fall 2022 semester
· Must be eligible for federal work-study through financial aid