BHCC Federal Work Study-Workforce Development Community Education Assistant
The student will help the with the coordination of work as they related to Community Education and CoIL Boston Study Tours program. Work-study will periodically check-in with the Danish students when they are in their in-person classes to see if they things are going well. Any administrative activities that support program quality will be handled by the work-study.
Job Responsibilities :
- Check-in with students by visiting their classes.
- Follow-up on tasks to ensure projects goals are being realized.
- Chaperone students on their group excursions.
- Prepare materials for distribution.
- Send communications to student in the FB group to keep students apprised on program developments.
- Support the logistical demands of the CoIL Boston program.
Job Qualifications (training, experience, technology, skills, etc):
- Ability to learn quickly and open to learning.
- Good interpersonal skills and phone skills as the position requires interacting with the public.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Conduct online searches to retrieve specific information and organize it on Word, PowerPoint, or Excel.
- Confident in using social media and technology. For example, learning and using Qualtrics to create surveys.
- Friendly, personable, attention to detail, solid communication skills, can-do attitude, and motivation to do a good job are important traits for this role.
- Manage the front desk area by initially assessing the kind of assistance people need when they walk into our office, and be able to direct the student to the right person or resource.