BHCC Federal Work Study-Academic Records Office (ARO) Assistant
Job Purpose: The Academic Records Office (ARO) is looking for a responsible, conscientious, and detail-oriented individual to join on our team.
Job Description: The student will assist in providing excellent customer and technical service assistance to faculty, students and staff; assist with the digitization process of incoming transcripts, course change forms, appeal forms, and other documentation for student records, and provide clerical assistance to the ARO staff. Confidentiality is necessary due to the sensitive nature of the information handled.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Assist with answering the ARO phone line when needed;
· Prepare official transcripts for mailing;
· Assisting with the preparation of verifications and other requests for information;
· Scanning & linking department documents in ImageNow;
· Organizing ARO department documents & files;
· Assist with maintaining department email accounts;
· Perform records related transactions, as directed in Colleague, the college’s student information system;
· Assist with the room inventory and space management software (25Live);
· Other projects and duties as assigned;
· Exhibit good customer service skills and professionalism.
· Excellent communication skills are essential.
· Operate basic office equipment (copiers, computers, Scanner, fax machines);
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, inclusive of Word and Excel;
· Be able to work in a multitask environment.
· Is able to work independently as well as a member of a team;